Monday, January 31, 2011

He's Here!!

We have another sweet baby boy!  Riley Jasper Reed was born January 27, 2011 at 11:43 p.m.  He weighed 8 lbs and was 22 inches long.  I was able to have a VBAC.  I am so thankful that he arrived safely.
The story: 
I was having lots of contractions and decided if I was still having them when Shaun got home from work, we would head to the hospital.  We got there at 4:30 and I was still only dilated to 1 1/2.  I told the nurse that I did not want to leave empty handed.  :)  She kept me on the monitor and told me that the baby was not moving and that he was not having as many heart accelerations as they like to see.  They moved me up to labor and delivery at 9:50 p.m.  I was now at a 3.  The doctor broke my water and that made me a 5.  I was having horrible contractions and back labor.  They gave me an epidural.  By then I was 7.  I dilated too fast for the dang epidural to work all the way.  I felt every contraction and every back pain until he was out.  I spent less than 2 hours in the delivery room and our little Riley had arrived!!  I pushed for 10 minutes and out he came.  And SHAUN got to tell me that we had a BOY!!!




Riley is such a sweetheart.  He is a good sleeper and loves to be held and swaddled.  He has the cutest high pitched squeal when he cries.  Shaun says he sounds like a little piggy.  :)  It's so amazing how much love you have for your child right away.  I am so in love with my new little guy! 
Emma. of course, loves him and wants to hold him all the time.  Spencer hasn't really had too much interest in him yet.  I can't wait until they are all playing together.




3 comments:

Tatum said...

Congrats, he is super cute! I love the new family pic at the hospital. Glad everything went well.

Hev and Danaca said...

cute little guy!!! I am glad that he is here safe, it is always so scarry until you see the baby safe in your arms i think!!! keep us posted on how things are going, I am going to try to update our blog today so hopfully you can see our little guy too!!!

Waters Family said...

Congrats!!!! Remember if you need a brake don't hesitate to call! Chase would love to have emma and spencer over!!! Congrats he is super cute...I bet Emma is just loving it too!